5 Reasons I Came to Chewonki
- The chance to do something different—I had never lived in a non-urban setting and living in cabins heated by wood stoves seemed so appealing. It was a challenge I was most certainly ready to take.
- The chance to explore myself—I knew coming to Chewonki would be so completely different from being at home and I wanted to see how living away from my comfort zone for four months, with 42 other students would change me.
- The farm—I’ve always been interested in farming. I work at an educational farm camp in the summer and I thought Chewonki would take this love for working with growing food one step further.
- The fact that 41 other people, all around the country, and even the world, chose to come here, for similar reasons that I did. We’re all like-minded—there was no way I was going to meet someone at Chewonki that I didn’t like (and I still maintain that outlook)
- The fact I would never have an experience like this ever again. This was my choice, and 41 other people’s choices, to come to this amazing place and four months would change me for the rest of my life.
-Emma Bessire, The Berkley Carroll School, New York NY
There are only 20 days left to apply to spend a spring or fall at Chewonki Semester School. Applications are due February 20th. Start your application today!